AMA University Online Education (AMAOEd) is the first full online education in the Philippines. It upholds the vision and mission of its institution as it responds to the cultural shift to a digitized age, opening its doors for anyone from the Philippines and abroad, who are willing to learn and advance their knowledge in a wide variety of courses. AMAOEd endeavors to stress the importance of educating the youth, as well as employed individuals seeking degrees, and the fostering of everyone’s potential as a productive portion of today’s competitive society.
AMAOEd abides by the policies of the State to protect the fundamental human right to privacy and communication, while supportive in ensuring the free flow of information for innovation and growth of our Nation’s learners.
III. Definition of Terms
The terms provided herein can be found under R.A. 10173, Sec. 3, par. b, par. c, par. g and par. l, respectively.
Consent of the data subject - refers to any freely given, specific, informed indication of will, whereby the data subject agrees to the collection and processing of personal information about and/or relating to him or her. Consent shall be evidenced by written, electronic or recorded means. It may also be given on behalf of the data subject by an agent specifically authorized by the data subject to do so.
Data subject - refers to an individual whose personal information is processed.
Personal Information - refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual. (Article No. and Section under the Data Privacy Act)
Sensitive Personal Information - refers to personal information:
(1) About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
(2) About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
(3) Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
(4) Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
Consent or authorization from applicants and student of AMAOEd will be secured first prior to any collection, process, storage, access, use, and sharing or transfer of personal data by AMAOEd.
If the applicant or student is below 18 years of age, AMAOEd requires said applicant or student to secure consent or authority from their parents, or any legal guardian, in order for their information be processed. The consent or authority of the parents or legal guardians must expressly authorize AMAOED to collect, process, store, use, access, and share or transfer the personal data of the minor.
The consent form to be filled out by the applicant or student and their parent or legal guardian, if said applicant or student is still a minor or who is below 18 years of age when enrolling in AMAOEd, is downloadable here(link).
- Processing of Personal Data
By giving us your consent, you authorize AMAOed to collect, process, store, access, and use information from you. AMAOEd will always do everything to protect the information we collect, use, store, and shared from you.
The information that AMAOEd may collect, store, process, or use from its applicants and students may vary depending upon the transaction entered into with AMAOEd. Rest assured that information from you will always be used to further your interest in our products or services and for purposes only allowed by law.
- Information obtained or processed by AMAOEd through any forms submitted to us.
That information with an asterisk (*) is considered to be sensitive information under the Data Privacy Act.
Your Personal Information:
- Contact number,
- Location (whether local or abroad),
- Civil Status
- Specimen Signature.*
Your personal circumstances:
- Family Background,
- Employment History,
- Educational Background (includes previous school),*
- Medical records,*
- Contents of any Government ID,*
- Other personal information necessary for the delivery of our service you intend to
avail of. *
- Information we obtain in accessing our website at https://amauonline.com:
- Your IP address and cookies from which you accessed our website, and details of which version of web browser and operating system you used,
- The date and time of your visit in our website,
- Google Analytics data, which is information on how you use our website, using cookies, and page tagging techniques to help us improve our website,
- The website address of the website from which you accessed our website,
- The approximate location from which you viewed our website.
- How are the information obtained from applicants and students USED by AMAOEd
- Respond to their inquiries,
- Checking of their background,
- Assess their credentials for academic admission,
- Processing of their credentials for enrollment purposes or scholarship grants,
- Register them in AMAOEd courses/services,
- Evaluation and recording of students work such as but not limited to, quizzes and tests,
- Track their academic progress,
- Deliver announcements and other relevant information,
- Provide them with helpful sources and materials,
- Offer them AMAOEd courses, products, and services,
- Maintain and update applicants’ and students’ database and records in our system,
- Facilitate their use of our website and services,
- Solicits their participation in our online survey,
- Research in developing and improving our products and services,
- For advertisement or marketing purposes to promote AMAOEd and other AMA Education System courses or services,
- Such other purposes allowed by law.
- How are the information under the custody of AMAOEd Accessed and Stored
It is to be stressed that due to the serious effort of AMAOEd to really protect all data under its custody, only the applicant and student himself or herself, as well as the authorized representatives of AMAOEd can access such personal data. Personal information will always be accessed for lawful purpose. Authorized representatives of AMAOEd whose task is to process information of applicants and students are also under an obligation of confidentiality.
We store the information we collect from you in the School Information System of AMA
University Education System. As an applicant or student, AMAOEd stores your information only for a period necessary in connection with the service or product you availed from us. Our information storage mechanism ensures secure
storage of your data. AMAOEd also has policies and procedures intended to protect data under its custody. Lastly, AMAOEd’s system and websites are regularly checked for any suspicious activity that may affect data under our custody.
- How AMAOEd shares, transfers, or discloses information under its custody
AMAOEd guarantees that when information is being transferred or shared, the authorized representative of AMAOEd who transfers and receives such information is under an obligation of confidentiality.
AMAOEd may disclose and share information of its applicants and students:
- With various units within AMAOEd or to any of its branches or subsidiaries to fully understand their respective records or for any investigation conducted by AMAOEd to prevent and end any unlawful or suspicious activity;
- To any of its affiliates or third-parties for legitimate purposes and only in connection with the services and products of AMAOEd;
- To any service providers who may need access to the information for the purpose of carrying out work on behalf of AMAOEd;
- To any Government agencies such as but not limited to, CHED, DepEd, and TESDA, pursuant to law, regulations, or investigations conducted by them;
- To a third person if it is pursuant to a Court order;
- To the respective applicant or student with regard to their own school records, if requested.
VII. What are your rights under the Data Privacy Act as Data Subject (IRR of R.A. No. 10173, Rule VIII, Sec. 34)
- Right to be informed
- Right to object
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure or blocking of Personal Data
To know all the rights of a Data Subject, you can always check Data Privacy Act (Hyperlink) and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (Hyperlink).
Office Address: AMA Bldg II- #59 Panay Ave, Quezon City
VIII. Policy Revisions
- Other policies.